Importer Exporter Code Number
EC (Importer Exporter Code Number) Code is unique 10 digit code issued by DGFT (Director General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce) to Indian Companies. To import or export in India, IEC Code is mandatory. No person or entity shall make any Import or Export without IEC Code Number.
- Application: An application for grant of IEC number shall be made by the Registered/Head Office of the applicant to the concerned authority in 'Aayaat Niryaat Form - ANF2A' and shall be accompanied by documents prescribed therein and the appropriate fee.
- Examination: On satisfaction of the concerned authority on viability of application and supporting documents IEC code shall be issued to the applicant.
Only one IEC would be issued against a single PAN number. Any proprietor can have only one IEC number and in case there are more than one IECs allotted to a proprietor, the same may be surrendered to the Regional Office for cancellation.
Where an IEC Number is lost or misplaced, the issuing authority may consider requests for grant of a duplicate copy of IEC number, if accompanied by an affidavit. Surrender of IEC Number
If an IEC holder does not wish to operate the allotted IEC number, he may surrender the same by informing the issuing authority. On receipt of such intimation, the issuing authority shall immediately cancel the same and electronically transmit it to DGFT for onward transmission to the Customs and Regional Authorities.
We provide reliable, effective and valuable legal opinions and other services regarding IEC or Import Export Code in India.
We offer following services with respect to IEC code:
- Filing application for IEC.
- Tracking of registration application
- Ensuring speedy processing of registration application
- Obtaining duplicate IEC code in case any loss, theft etc.
- Surrendering of IEC code.