Trademark Search & Registration
A trademark is a type of intellectual property, and typically a name, phrase word, logo, symbol, design, image and a combination of these elements. There is also a range of non-conventional trademarks containing marks, which do not fall into these normal categories. 'How to register a trademark' is the main question before trademark owner. There are several reasons to register a trademark for your business. Anything that helps to describe your company's services or product should be very important and therefore protected. One of the first steps to register a trademark is to ensure that you haven't chosen a name, logo, or slogan that is already taken and registered. You will have to do a wide search to ensure that your intellectual property to be registered is unique.
Filing an Application/request: Any person claiming to be the proprietor of the trademark is entitled to obtain registration by filing a request in the prescribed manner and by paying the requisite fee. The application is numbered as per seriatim and date.
Examination: The said application, after filing, is examined by the Registrar on the basis of the data it possesses concerning the earlier registered marks or pending applications.
Grant of Registration: Thereafter, when an application is cleared after due examination by the registrar, Registration Number is issued to the concerned person/ organization.
Validity: The registration when granted is valid for a period of ten years from the date of registration (i.e. the date of application). It is imperative for a proprietor to seek renewal of registration before the expiry of the validity, failing which the mark becomes liable to be removed from the Register on account of non-renewal.
We offer the following services for trademark registrations:
- Consultation on the registration of Trademarks
- Conduct searches to detect opposing Trademarks
- File various applications such as
- Trademark Registration Applications
- Slogan Registration applications
- Trade Names publication requests
- Trademark oppositions
- Trademark cancellation actions
- Trademark Renewal Applications
- Investigate the status of registrations and the scope of protection
- Trademark infringements
- Analysis of infringements
- Consultation on infringements
- Enforce Trademark rights against infringer
- Filing and payment of maintenance fees, declarations of use
- Attending the recording of assignments, mergers, change of name or address
- Attending licensing issues and recording